First thing I did today was to finish piecing my cushion cover, which I then promptly layered up and basted.
The piecing is not as good as on my first cushion - which should teach me to try and rush through piecing something like HSTs before visitors land on our doorstep. I gave myself a talking to, and then got on with quilting it.
I went with straight line quilting on either side of the seams like I did on the first cushion because I want them to compliment each other, but I love how going around the squares on this one makes the green fabrics stand out and accentuates the square pattern.
Moving swiftly on, I made the label for my June bee blocks, photographed everything (to be shown once permission is granted by Miss June) and then put the 'little something extra' with it so that I have it all ready for wrapping up and posting. Fiona (aka Miss June) was the person who spoke up first when I offered up some of my ugly fabric to a new home. So 12 fat quarters of fabric which I no longer wish to own and she has a very good use for will be winging their way to her shortly.
|Here are the fat quarters disguising the blocks beneath.|
|The pencil 'cleverly' hides the name of recipient.|
I still wasn't done for the day. I wanted to make a 'little something extra' for my swap partner too. I also wanted to it to be complimentary to the quilt. I quickly set to FMQing a needle case for her. I have placed a piece of felt over the bottom part because I FMQd her name.
And that is what I have accomplished today - so far.
Happy, happy, happy!
It is Tuesday so I will be linking this up with Quiltstory's Fabric Tuesday - you can find their button on my sidebar.