Wednesday 15 June 2011

Whatever the Question - Chocolate is the Answer

I am sure that many of you have been swanning around in your posh frocks and hats at Royal Ascot today - some of you? - any of you? - oh, please, let me live vicariously through you. Because while you may have been gone to the races I have been making friends with this again -


- though I may be using the term 'friend' loosely in this instance. But even I could not ignore the obvious any more, and it was very obvious that my thread ends were taking over the house. As well as the odd cobweb, or two, or three. So I did what needed doing, reluctantly.

Having put myself through the drudgery routine there was nothing to it - I needed chocolate as a reward. I don't get much chance to bake these days now that Helen produces some fairy cakes every weekend. (Reminder to myself - I do need to convince her to broaden her repertoire.) But today called for chocolate and nothing else would do. So I introduce you to my Double Chocolate Chip Cookies - or rather should I say my friend Denise in Canada who I have known just about forever's recipe.

The recipe produces approximately 35-40 cookies. Warning - they are addictive. And the cookie dough tastes mighty good too.

Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

Oven - 350F, 180C, Gas 4

Ingredients -
4 tbsp cocoa powder
2 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup butter (8 oz)
3/4 cup brown sugar (I use light muscovado)
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 cup chocolate chips (I use one 110g bag of the dark chocolate chips)

Mix the flour, baking soda and salt. Cream the butter with the sugars. When well mixed add in the vanilla, eggs and cocoa (I tend to be heavy handed in my measuring of the cocoa but that is because I am a chocolate fiend). Mix well. Add the dry ingredients. Mix until all combined. Add the chocolate chips and mix in. The dough is done.

Place heaped tablespoons on your lined baking tray. Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes. Leave to cool a few minutes on the baking tray until they have firmed up enough to transfer to a cooling rack. Enjoy!

Now that was easy, wasn't it? If you are not sure if you want to make them, then see if this tempts you -


I have obviously been too much a domestic diva today to get much sewing done. Maybe I will have more to report on this tomorrow -


Hope you had a glorious time with the queen at Royal Ascot - if you were there!

Susan

6 comments:

  1. They look yummy and as soon as it cools down and I can bear to put the oven on, these are on my to make list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better not let my daughter see this recipe - she's a cookie junkie & a dab hand in the kitchen!! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cookies look delicious! I've got a hot date with the hoovering too :( My children are covered in thread ends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I blame you for my lack of will-power!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 35-40 cookies?! I really want to make them but my mans off in just over 48hrs and I would end up eating them ALL. Probably in one sitting...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, talk about chocolate heaven! lol I'll be back to try this one out next week with the Diva! Does cleaning the bathroom qualify? (I did cobweb patrol on Tuesday but the hoover is still banaished!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.