But here I am, setting myself up again, because not only am I going to review what I have and haven't done, I think I will foolishly add to the list. Why?!?! I must be a sucker for punishment. Some people thrive on lists. I wish I did.
So, here we go -
1. I had two Pips quilts to finish. Well, one is finished and the other languishes, awaiting binding. It languishes because I really can't decide if I am finished quilting it or not. It looks good, but somewhere deep inside of me I want to do more. The lazy side of me shouts 'Just bind it and be done. Enough already!'
|The 'Finished One'|
|More quilting? I just cannot decide.|
2. This one was a big pile of red and pink two inch scraps leftover from a previous quilt. I
3. My chocolate brown crocheted baby blanket is a finish. Yeah for me!
|It is finished. I just can't find the photo!|
4. Item four showed a huge pile of scraps that looked like this -
I can happily announce that they now look like this (shown yesterday so no big surprise) -
5. I never did get around to making something in orange - yet. Which reminds me, I must buy more orange fabric.
6. I am happily ensconced in the Brit Bee and have accomplished two months worth of blocks with July's fabric sitting there and taunting me.
|One of Miss May's blocks.|
I made two - I just don't seem to have a photo of both of them together.
|Both of Miss June's blocks.|
7. I also proudly did my very first quilt swap with the Brit Quilt ladies and it was brilliant. I sent this -
- and gleefully received this -
|Beautifully made and the colours are so much more vibrant than they seem here.|
Well, that just about covers all the items listed on that post at the beginning of May. And here are a few things that hadn't crossed my mind then, but which are now either completed or works in progress -
|Double Fat Jack -|
|- became Double Fatter Jack - I turned it into a pillow.|
|My first ever 'proper' cushion. And I conquered my HST fear.|
|Another cushion cover - to join the first one soon|
|And I hopped on the bandwagon and joined the |
Farmer's Wife Quilt-a-Long.
I also have to start putting some serious thought into what I want made for my blocks in the Brit Bee as I am Miss September and I need to consider what fabric I require, etc before it is midway through August and I am somewhere in deepest, darkest Scotland, halfway up a hill and suddenly realise I have left it all a bit too late.
Other than that - I must make a cushion with a zipper in it. I really must get around to doing it. I am not afraid of zippers. I feel like the Little Train That Could - I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...
And that is enough! In review I see that I have actually done quite a bit, and still a lot to do. So I had better go and do some. Now. Right after I link this with Fairy Face. Bye!