Tuesday 10 January 2012

Mouthy Stitches

What do you get when you team up an American living in Ireland, a Canadian living in Great Britain and a Brit living in...    well...   Britain? Three women who can't get a word in edgewise because we all talk too much! And that was how Mouthy Stitches was born.

Mouthy Stitches

What on earth is Mouthy Stitches, you ask? Well, I have the privilege of joining up with Hadley from Flying Blind on a Rocket Cycle and Cindy from Fluffy Sheep Quilting to create a swap group with the three of us sharing mama duties.

And we want you! (Please!)

We're starting off with a nice easy swap. (Plans to expand the empire might follow if you all join up and enjoy yourselves!) Easy, peasy lemon squeezy - just make one zippered pouch for your assigned partner and the only 'extra' is everyone is to then put one FQs worth of scraps into the pouch before posting.

I would appreciate it if everyone would stop rolling around on the floor laughing because I said that it was a Zippered Pouch Swap. Yes, I avoided them like the plague for just about ever. So making one scared the crap out me. I did it. And it turned out to be rather easier than expected. Like easy enough that I wondered what on earth I had been so afraid of for so long! If I can do it then so can you. (Yes, Shay, you are one of the people I am directing this message at.)

Are you interested? Have you been sat there wishing and wanting a Zippered Pouch Swap? (Am I pushing my luck here?) Well, we are looking for a group of people just like I had in the Modern Christmas Tablerunner Swap. Everyone was fabulous in that. They chatted, they joked, they made amazing things and (so they tell me) they had fun.

It doesn't matter if this is your first swap ever. Far more important is your attitude. And your willingness to be actively involved in the swap. This means commenting on other participants photos on the Flickr site, posting photos of your own, and sticking to the swap rules like posting on time, etc.

Here is the general information -
  • signs up starting from now until January 22nd.
  • you don't have to have a blog but you must have a Flickr page.
  • you must post a mosaic to the Mouthy Stitches Flickr site and fill in the posted form before the 22nd to be in.
  • partners will be assigned by January 29th.
  • posting to your partner is between February 25th and February 29th.
  • one zippered pouch and one FQ worth of scraps no smaller than 2.5" square are what is to be exchanged.
Right, are you up for it? Do you want to join in? Then please do go over to the Mouthy Stitches Flickr page to find the form and post your mosaic. I'm looking forward to seeing you there.

Here's some inspiration photos from my mosaic to whet your appetite. If you wish to see Hadley's and Cindy's mosaics then head on over to the Flickr page where they are posted already.


I do hope that you want to join in with us because I had such an excellent time in my last swap that I just want to repeat the experience.

Susan

31 comments:

  1. You can bet your butt I'm in on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in for thus. So many beautiful pouches!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m in Susan. The MCTR swap was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meheheheheh I'm just imagining the expletives Shay is going to come back at you with about not doing a zipper pouch on her nelly. Go on Shay = you can do it! And remember I said I'd give you a free skype tute ;) ;)

    Thanks for choosing 2 of my zipper pouches for your mosaic. Have you seen my latest one? I'm thinking it will be up both yours and Hadley's allies since it contains the ever sought after goldfish. Perhaps I shall name it the 'Hadley' pouch LOL... xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am in, just got to sort out my mosaic .............oh and fill in the form :)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well making a pouch/purse/bag was on my winter sewing list so I can't turn it down really. I've never made one before, but you've got to start sometime.
    Off to do a mosaic - could be gone a while!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well making a pouch/purse/bag was on my winter sewing list so I can't turn it down really. I've never made one before, but you've got to start sometime.
    Off to do a mosaic - could be gone a while!

    ReplyDelete
  8. of course I'm in, wouldnt miss it for the world. If only I was mouthy too...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm up for it, so much fun. I've not sewn a zip in many a long year but I think I can just about manage it, it's the mosiac that gives me trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in - I've just made a zippy purse -you can see it on my blog- but never made a mosaic - I like to be different.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I'd love to be in, but I think I'm over committed already to a ridiculous number of things, and if I don't actually want to be committed to one of those places with the nice soft walls and jackets that let you cuddle yourself, I shall have to bow out for this round... *sigh* it's always hard to be sensible...

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fantastic idea, but I'm a bit busy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh yes, this sounds fabulous. I'm definitely in

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks to you lovelies for organising this one! I'm in but off to get in some (well, lots to be honest) of zip practice, and to make a mosaic of course!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh sounds fab for a newbie swapster so I'm in :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm signed up and am working on my mosaic :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am terrible at wanting to be a part of everything, so much fun to be had…and yet again I cannot resist! I'm in Susan, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I signed up first thing yesterday but am now wondering if the timing may be a little tight for me if I don`t have my partner`s colours in my stash and have to order!

    ReplyDelete
  19. But ...but...that means I'd have to do a zip!

    Lemme think about it....

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm not able to join in but I'll be a cheerleader if that's ok? Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've joined, looking forward to it. A bit nervous about zips but going to practice!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Susan, I'm so gutted I missed this! It's zippy pouches for drats sake, I love 'em! Stick me on your reserves list pretty please...and I'll defo join in next time xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.