Even if I kept changing direction, and coming up under measurement with a completed block. Oh, and I managed to piece one block into the quilt top upside down. I didn't notice until it was completed though. Of course I didn't. If I built a log cabin in reality it would fall down about my ears I am sure.
Despite all of these flaws I am really happy with the completed Siblings together quilt top. It is gloriously purple, and girlie, and I hope it will be loved.
|The quilt top was a little playful at the photo shoot.|
|It took far more tries than you see here before I managed to get a usable shot.|
|It got worse before it got better.|
|But perseverance pays off.|
|And one of those blocks is the upside down one.|
Well, it wouldn't be right if there wasn't a mistake in there somewhere.
Pretty well everything I made has a 'mistake' somewhere in it.
I think I might have some fabric that will work for the backing. I will have a dig about tomorrow and see. If it isn't big enough then I will have to think really hard because there aren't enough of the fabrics used on the quilt top to piece together for a backing. I will have a phenomenally scrappy binding though by the looks of things.