Sunday 25 November 2012

Friends, Food , Fabric

Fabulous day. It was the second get together of Brit Bee friends, and others. So much food. Quilts and quilt tops shown. Laughter, more laughter, and just such a lovely, lovely time.

Who was here, you ask? Well, we had Katy (The Littlest Thistle). Laura Jane (Needles, Pins and Baking Tins), Ceri (Inspired by Felix), Jennie (Just a Little Stitch), Trudi (Quilting Prolifically), Di (Willowbeck Designs), Terri (Mish Mash Mama) and me. Don't for get me!

It was a great day, especially as everyone made it here despite roads blocked by flood waters and most having to detour some, if not all, of the time. But once here is was hours of non-stop chat, trying to eat an enormous amount of food which we had no chance of finishing, and so much laughter.

There were a couple of extra children. Terri's daughter Maddie, who was here in the summertime. And the divine Felix who inspires Ceri.

I am exhausted now. But in that good way from having such a good day and the satisfying feeling of having enjoyed the company of so many friends. All I wish was that those that couldn't make it might have been here. We really, really wish that all of Brit Bee was here, and the other friends who could not for various reasons make it at the last minute. You were missed.

Check out those aprons on the girls, made by Rhonda.
More trampoline antics. Like we had at the last get together.
Laura Jane's Brit Bee quilt - round two.
The divine Felix herself, bottom right photo.
Thank you everyone for making the journey and for another wonderful day!

Susan

33 comments:

  1. So glad I had the day I 'needed' otherwise my jealousy would have been unbearable!
    And how many were you expecting for lunch!!!???
    Glad rain and wind didn't stop play xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you all had a wonderful time. That lunch looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks and sounds like great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you all had the best time...if only I had known I would have jumped on a plane and come along too - I love to party :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, for good friends and great get togethers. Looks like you all had a great day

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like an excellent time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you all had a fabulous time. I'm GUTTED I missed it :-(

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like the best day ever... just like nearly all the bloggy people I am longing to meet irl and my real life friend Ceri too. My Ed is so in love with Felix - he says "best friend Beebix" all the time its so cute xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness that looks like the perfect day! Did you get much stitching done? How lovely to meet all your blogging friends for real!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did you actually manage to plough through all that food?

    Stitchy friends and fun filled get togethers are one of the joys of life.

    Although next time you may have to hide that trampoline. Someone is gonna get hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh looks like you all had a great time. So sorry I couldn't be there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Forget Thanksgiving, I want to be a Brit Bee girl. This looks like a divine afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! What a spread! Looks like you all had a fab time! I was thinking of you all as I sewed your blocks today! Hugs! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. S, thanks for a brilliant day. It was so nice to meet up with everyone. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hooray for food and friends - your girls look so professional in their aprons. Glad you had a fun afternoon, sweets!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cute girls look so much like you. Beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  17. looks like a wonderful time was had by all ..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous Photo montage. Love it! Happy ladies, happy quilt...and what a banquet. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Look at that feast of food!! You all certainly had a great time! Stay dry....your floods made the morning news here!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like you all had a fabulous time and probably all weigh a bit more after all that food!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I was thinking about you all this weekend :) looks like you had a really lovely time! I'm trying very hard not to be too jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. And a good time was definitely had by all :o)

    ReplyDelete
  23. looks like a fun time, but I'm not sure you had quite enough food ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh man that lunch looks utterly amazing!!! fab time had by all I reckon ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks like great fun! My girls look great in their aprons!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks like a great fun day! I recognize some faces!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. It was a fabulous day! Thank you Susan :) x. Thoroughly enjoyed left overs this morning! We had an adventure going home too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Look slike you all had a fantastic time and that food looked YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Looks like a great day Susan and so fun that these people are 'real' friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh my goodness that looks like the best time ever! I wish I lived nearer...and could crash your party :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.