Tuesday 6 November 2012

Gobsmacked!

Right, for all you non-Brits out there (okay, I am a non-Brit but 12 years here qualifies me as bilingual) gobsmacked is a highly descriptive and apt word for how I feel today. The urban dictionary defines it as 'completely dumbfounded or shocked'.

The reason for this is that I got an email last night from Amy over at Amy's Creative Side - the genius behind the Blogger's Quilt Festival - telling me that my entry had made it into the finals in the Hand Quilted category.  Wow! There were over 600 quilts entered into the festival this time round. This just may be the coolest thing that has happened to me in my quilting life. Huge thanks to those who nominated me!


To make this even better some of my real life and bloggy friends have also been nominated. Hadley is in the Doll/Mini Quilt category. Sarah is in the Bee Quilt category. Kerry is in the Art Quilt category. Alison is in the Hand Quilted category with me. There are more Mouthy Stitchers and other bloggy friends in there too. So lovely to be in such great company.

If you have a moment (or two - there are a few categories to work through) please go over to the Quilt Festival and vote for your favourites. There is a stunning amount of creativity on display. Not to be missed!

Amy's Creative Side
Susan

51 comments:

  1. of COURSE you were nominated! It's fab!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats and very deserving! If its okay with you i would like to do a blog post encouraging people to go and vote for you and a few others...I may need to steal a picture though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you shouldn't be gobsmacked, the idea itself was awesome and the quilting beautiful, good luck I've voted :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. well done Susan! your beautiful quilting deserves lots of recognition!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go babe. You can count on my vote!

    So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea - congrats Susan and so deserved! Your handquilting is lovely and it's so appropriate that you were nominated in that category. Here's hoping for a win!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Voted for you! And thanks for mentioning my nomination too, yey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was a mega scrolling exercise but all done and dusted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So exciting - Congrats and good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's beautiful, and i have already done my voting, you really do deserve to be there! Ange : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Got my vote! And v.well deserved too. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations and I have already voted for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just been and gone and done it !!

    Well done, and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You should have more confidence in yourself! Got my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have my vote!
    And although you say you are Canadian...you do sound just like my relatives in Britain...so I think they have converted you LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well done Susan. And who did you vote for ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is a gorgeous quilt - congrats on the nomination!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I voted. Then I lost internet connection and had to go get food so forgot to comment here!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats to you. You have my vote. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Woo hoo! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! I voted xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Of course I voted for you and all my blogging friends. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on the nomination! You got my vote :o)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations on being nominated, that makes you a winner in my book! It's all rather exciting, isn't it...well I'm off to vote :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Woo hoo, you have my vote too. Congratulations, you're awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Much deserved Susan... Much deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  27. That's brilliant although not surprising at all!! I'm off to vote :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yay! Well done Susan! I've voted :) x

    ReplyDelete
  29. congrats!!! of course i voted for you

    ReplyDelete
  30. I voted already! I wasn't go smacked, just seriously thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I found you and voted even before the brag! It is such a thrill for you...well done...But it wasnt hard to vote because your stitching is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  32. That is awesome! And you totally deserve it as your quilt is just gorgeous :) Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your quilt is beautiful! I'm so happy for you. I hope you win!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.