Thursday 1 November 2012

Keep It In The Family

It is my bee month with Brit Bee, I sent out lots of fabric to the four corners of this country, and it occurred to me that some people this year have had 'guest contributions' to their quilt blocks in their month. Some people may think this is wrong, and some may not be bothered. I am in the latter camp. It is the individual's quilt after all, who contributes is ultimately up to them. What is important is getting a quilt you love at the end of the day.

With that in mind, I sneakily joined the gang who invited a contribution from a non-Brit Bee member. But it almost counts because I only sent fabric to the eleven other members of the bee. Then I told Sarah that  if she wanted her mother to help her with making a block or two, she could share the fabric between them. I was keeping it in the family.

Many of you won't be aware that Sarah's mother, Jenny, is a very talented quilter in her own right. She doesn't blog, but she is on Flickr and she has participated in the last Brit Swap as well as Mouthy Stitches 2. She's quiet, but so lovely, and foundation paper pieces way better than I ever could.

Not only did Jenny agree to share the star making load with Sarah, but she made me three. Yes, three! And how wonderful they are.


How lucky am I? Thank you, Jenny!

Susan

27 comments:

  1. Looks fab. I'm certainly not anti sneaking in as a bee member as I've done it in Brit Quilt myself alreayd :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was not so quiet in Mouthy Stitches 2 :) but her work is amazing. I love those star blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow they are lovely, I love the colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now those really are superstars!!! Good idea to nab some impromptu help too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Mum is awesome :-) lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've met Jenny and she is very very lovely and very talented too :) Her blocks are gorgeous!!!
    And I've just realised I've not posted your blocks to you yet - I'm really sorry! Will get them mailed ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not lucky - very cunning I think!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're stunning!
    P.S. Any idea why I thought the background for your stars was dark blue?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a great combination of colours and skill!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very lucky, indeed! I especially love the center block!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been watching, you are getting the most stunning stars every, those three included.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 3 beauties! And nothing wrong with a guest request! Especially when it is Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab blocks, still loving this colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are gorgeous blocks! I loved Jenny's makes in the Brit quilt swap and the MS swap :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aren't they beautiful?! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Right, you better start whipping Helen and Emily into shape, I am taking no excuses from anyone in January!

    ReplyDelete
  17. They're all great blocks, and who is anyone else to say you can't have a few interlopers on your project, the more the merrier! : )

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! These are so beautiful! It's going to be such a fabulous quilt! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Many Hands Make Light Work. This quilt will be enormous before you know it!...and wont you be a lucky ducky.. these blocks are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooh those blocks are lovely, great piecing. I say, the more the merrier!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wowzers, that centre block is amazing! Lucky you and fun to have guests contributing no?

    ReplyDelete
  22. eee!!! Mama Narco's blocs are SOOO pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.