Monday 26 November 2012

Modern Christmas Tablerunner Swap

Some of you will know that I participated in the Modern Christmas Tablerunner Swap this year, though I was not the mama. Life told me that I had too much on right now to take on that duty as well. But it would  have been wrong to have not taken part.

It has been a small group but excellent fun. And I have received my tablerunner wall hanging. I stated a preference for a wall hanging as I only have one table and I already received my most excellent Christmas runner from Sarah last year.

Today my swap parcel arrived from my secret partner. Diane made for me, and she can be found here. She is not only fab at swaps (we have been in a few together), a talented quilter, but also ever so good at the small details. Take a look at this brilliant wall hanging she made me and you will see for yourself.


So a huge thank you to Diane. So lovely to get a swap item from someone you see in the swaps regularly and you know is so good. I love the way the log cabins in the quilt make a red star. It is all in the details here. The more you look at it the more you see.

Meanwhile I am recovering from the weekend. Katy has just left for the long drive back to Glasgow. We may have squeezed in a trip to the Bramble Patch this morning. I might have bought a little bit. Really, just a little bit. I'll try and remember to show you tomorrow.

Susan

24 comments:

  1. lucky lucky you it is gorgeous !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh I saw her sneaky peaks :) how lucky are you, love the embellishments :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful star, with so many cute details, you did very well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wall hanging is beautiful. Love how she made the star with those tiny log cabins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a very sassy reindeer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous wall hanging-perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Di made a great quilt - full of character!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a perfect wall hanging! Your reindeer has real attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! Those log cabins are wonderful!
    P.S. How little is 'little'?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, love that funky reindeer! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you checked your stash and best cutlery before she left ;)

    Merry Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  12. The log cabins make such a great design!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Its a bit like an eye spy quilt isn't it. So much to look at and be delighted by!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha! You got a "live" rudolph this year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how sweet! Love all the little details :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wonder who was the bad influence on who? Fab Christmas WH! Great way to decorate a room! jxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful wall hanging. She certainly put alot of work into the details.

    ReplyDelete
  18. next year I must sign up for this swap. This is so beautiful. I should be so lucky to receive something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a lovely wall hanging! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG did we already have to sent? Oh I am so late :(
    You are so lucky. The perfect wallhanging to start the Christmas time and decorate the house. Let rudolph dance and rock the house!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That star is so clever - it seems she 'read' you perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So many wee details in there, it was quite amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, how fun and festive! I have a package waiting for me at the post office but I'm not allowing myself to pick it up until I finish my table runner:))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.