I ventured back into my office today, intent on getting rid of more stuff and organising that which was staying. But I came upon a tiny quilt top I made way back in the early days of my quilting odyssey. When I say tiny, I mean tiny - only two feet by three feet. I suppose I could have made it bigger, but instead I thought it would be a good car seat blanket for a new born. Or in a stroller.
I also knew who would be able to find a good home for it. The lovely ladies at Bee Blessed. The bonus is I would see one of the founding members of Bee Blessed, Judith, this weekend, so if I stopped cleaning and started sewing I could give it to her when I saw her. That was enough of an excuse for me to stop cleaning indeed!
I dug up some of the original sock monkey fabric line - because I haven't really had a lot of call for it since - and I found two bits big enough to sew together and make the backing. I spray basted, making a right mess of my kitchen floor in the process. (Ick! More cleaning!) And then I quilted it in a simple stipple. All it needs now is trimming and the binding. I can do that on the train on Saturday and hand it over to Judith upon my arrival.
I'm sure it still counts as part of the cleaning because I haven't just moved it from one spot to another. I am actually making use of it and moving it on totally.