I have a list as long as my arm of things I have to get done in the next two weeks. These are not things I would like to get done, but must. Family birthday presents, bee blocks, bee quilt top, etc. Meanwhile, my sewing area is littered with half finished projects cluttering up the surfaces.
To try and get things in hand this morning I grabbed the Siblings Together quilt top, that has been basted for ages now, and sat and quilted it with only a stop for breakfast. I went with a double loop sort of pattern. I want the quilt to be soft and squishy, cuddly to wrap round a body, so I didn't want any heavy quilting. Plus I wanted to get it done.
I had completed about 95% of the quilting and my thread spool ran out. I hadn't even noticed it was getting low I was concentrating on the fmq so much. I found some more, checked the bobbin was okay and continued. The thread broke. I sorted that out and finished the quilt. The machine wasn't as happy as it had been though.
When I looked at the back of the quilt where the thread had originally broke there was a lump of lint tangled in the thread. Ooops!
I lifted my foot plate and had a look. Seems I hadn't been in there for a while and usually I manage to stay on top of this. Today's quilting showed me why I shouldn't let things get so fluffed up inside.
The machine has now been defluffed, oiled and is ready for the next project. Now I have to manage to pull fabric and cut the design without dithering away the rest of the afternoon. Not an easy thing for me to accomplish.