In interest of people being able to walk on our sitting room floor, I had gathered up all the Stitch Tease wonky log cabin blocks and brought them into the sewing space. Today I took them all and checked sizing as some bee members chose to send larger and allow me to decide how to do the final trim. A couple of blocks needed to be made bigger. I needed to make up some blocks to fill in the 'empty spaces' in the layout.
So I did. And then I laid them all out again.
I juggled a few blocks from this layout to make sure that I limited the number of partial seams I would have to do. Then I checked it over for any over abundance of white meeting white - which I rectified by adding in a colourful strip here and there - and I was ready to go.
You might be surprised to learn that there was only one zigzag of a jog in the seams in joining this up and testing my ability to do partial seams. Despite it looking so random and hodgepodge those blocks lined up remarkably well and went together in super quick time.
And that is another quilt top done. My third Stitch Tease Bee quilt top. Amazing how time flies and how these quilts made from a group effort bring together such unique makes. A huge thank you to all my friends who contributed to making this and understanding what I was asking for so well.